Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Legs

She will probably hate me for this one day:-) That is what I call HEALTHY! (Is that what I am too?)

We are working on bearing weight/ standing up. At Alison's nine month appointment, her pediatrician and I discussed the fact that although she is progressing, she is behind on her gross motor skills, and so he is going to refer her to early intervention. Funny, because Benson just graduated, since he turned three, and we were just starting to miss our wonderful Occupational Therapist, Melinda. Now she'll come again!


Alison was also diagnosed with Ocular Motor Apraxia, specifically because she needs to thrust her head to get her eyes where they need to be. Her head thrusting is MUCH less noticeable than Benson's, and because of that the pediatric opthamologist thinks this may be an X-linked trait. Meaning some male on my side of the family would have had to have it. Grandpa Hill? Who knows.


Benson is walking, jumping and some-what running, and has taught me that even if those skills come late, they do come. So I don't worry about Alison like I did with him. It's nice to have done this once already, to know to some extent what to expect. She is not as delayed, and is already sitting wonderfully, bearing weight, and catching herself with her arms when she leans, so her progress will probably take a different time table than Benson's. One way or the other, like our O.T. has said from the beginning, when they walk into Kindergarten, no one will know the difference.



4 comments:

joslyn said...

love her. she is just so cute.

Brady + Marsha said...

Love the legs!!! She is so stinkin' cute!

Cara said...

My Emma had 6 rolls in her legs and arms when she was a baby! So, I love those chubby babies! Your kids are so cute and happy 3 to Benson!

Diana said...

She must be drinking cream! So cute! What a blessing to have so many resources so readily available for children! Good luck!