Tuesday, March 23, 2010

225 lbs

I am starting a new blog. It will take the place of Weight Watchers in my life, since I can't afford it at this point. I need the nice little lady smiling while she writes my weight down on my card at the weekly meeting, and since I don't have that right now, I figure a public display of my weight will work nearly as well. The blog is posted on the side bar, but you can click here to go directly there. In case that doesn't work, the address is www.itisnotworththeweight.blogspot.com

So, 225 lbs is not my current weight. I will be posting the current weight tomorrow on my other blog. (Wednesday will be the weekly weigh-in day.) 225 lbs is my heaviest weight, besides pregnancy. That was in 7th grade. Yup, you read that right. I used to be afraid of telling people my weight, because I thought they wouldn't like me anymore if the knew how much I weighed. Silly idea. My thigh and arm circumferences will still be the same if you know my weight. I will still look the same. Nothing will have changed, except the idea in my head that maybe, if you don't know "the number" that you might perchance think I am a size 6, and this will somehow make me feel skinnier. Once again, silly idea. My weight is part of who I am, and always has been. It won't matter if you know the number. Still, though, there is something motivating about posting the number, because if it stays the same or even goes up week after week, I will feel the appropriate amount of dumb and work harder, knowing somebody in blogland may be thinking, "hello, isn't she supposed to be losing weight?"

This may not interest you. Personally, however, I love reading success stories of weight loss, recipe ideas, inspirational thoughts, and the grueling day in and day out emotions of the trouble of it all. So, I will probably post that stuff too. If it helps someone, awesome. If not, great. It will help me, and in turn I will be able to help others personally.

So, on with the journey.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Love the idea Meg. I will be following - I hope you do well and I hope it will encourage me to do better.

Melinda said...

Love the idea Meg. I will be following because I am sure it will help me do better to. Here's to a new start and better health!

Amanda said...

It was so good seeing you the other day. I thought you looked fabulous. So good luck on your journey but I really think you look awesome.

Jill said...

I definitely can't wait to read and keep up with you. I also love to get inspired. You go girl!

Diana said...

Good luck Meg! You can do it! I'll love following and having you for my inspiration.

Unknown said...

Meg, I'm so proud of you. You are looking great! Keep up the good work!

Becca said...

Good for you! I hope it goes well. I need to follow your lead. Hopefully warmer weather will help with my discipline. I love hearing about you guys since I rarely talk to you or see you. Keep posting so I don't feel totally out of it! Your kids are adorable.