Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby Alison

Hello from the Baby Cave! We had our little Alison Claire last Tuesday, and she weighed in at 7 lbs 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, and her head was a nice and average 35 cm. (That is important when she comes from the genes of large craniums!)

I was super nervous about my C-Section, which had been moved to the main O.R. at St. Marks because of a scare of my having an accreta, which means my placenta had grown into my uterine wall, which has a much higher risk of hysterectomy. We got there at 6:00 a.m., got a spinal, and 10 minutes later they pulled out Alison. THEN, out came my placenta, perfectly! We had prayed and fasted so dang much, and felt prepared for whatever the outcome might be, but it all went so smoothly that even the doctor commented, "if I didn't know any better, I would have thought this was just a routine C-Section." I then, in a state of drugginess, called out, "Thanks Heavenly Father." Maybe cheesy, but very true. We didn't really want to be done having kids just yet. SO!


This was my first glance at Alison from after they delivered her. AND, this is the all time most non-flattering head shot of the afore-mentioned large cranium, aka Meg's forehead, so just ignore that! Phil looks pretty good.


Benson liked "baby girl Alison" right from the start, but it was the parents that he was struggling with. We got the impression that he was confused at why he hadn't been with us for four days, and only could see us at the hospital. The minute he walked into our hospital room, he would start throwing tantrums, so we tried to give him little tasks to help him feel important, like push his "baby sistoo." He did awesome, and now is adjusting really well since we are all home together again.


Sorry this one is sideways. This gives you a good picture of her hair.


Fist-eating glory!


. . .And, last but certainly not least, the proud big brother!

Thanks for everyone's prayer and thoughts! We couldn't have done it without all of you!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Meg, she is adorable! I'm so glad everyone is healthy and happy...congrats!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

She is absolutely adorable! Congratulations to your cute family!

Ryan and Staci said...

Oh Meg she is perfect! Congrats! :)

Rach said...

She is so gorgeous. Congrats on a healthy baby and easy delivery. I'm glad everything went well!

Julie said...

What a beautiful baby you have there! And your little guy is so handsome too! I'm glad everything went well and you two are healthy. Good luck recovering!

Becca said...

Congrats Meg!!! I'm so glad everything went well. And I'm glad Benson is adjusting well. How are you holding up?

Michelle Stott said...

Your baby is beautiful. I didn't know you had a blog. Check mine out as well. We can be blogging friends now. Take care. Good luck with everything. Benson is getting so handsome as well.

Trace said...

Congrats to you all! I cannot wait till she and Summer can play together. She is beautiful and Benson is a cute big brother. He looks so grown up pushing her around.