Tuesday, May 20, 2008

WAY Befores and Afters

Just thought you might be interested to see the before pictures back from when we bought our house nearly three years ago. Our construction is taking a long time because we are doing it ourselves in random spare time, but looking at these pictures makes me remember that it is seriously worth it! AND, we are nearing the end for the upstairs to be actually completed! So. . .
Original gross, brown, yellow nasty bathroom. We used it for a year, and then in 2006 we remodeled to. . .
This! I love our bathroom. It is about 6 inches longer because Phil moved a wall next to the tub, and our cabinetry makes the space there is much more usable. Oh. Plus it doesn't drip random yellow moisture from the ceiling like the old bathroom. That is always a plus.


Hello the Brown kitchen. Brown floor, brown cabinets, brown walls, and brassy brown light fixtures. It actually did have kind of a cozy, homey feeling, but I was not in love with it, by any means.

New, clean, modern (very modern on style, so for all you traditionalists out there, you may prefer the brown look).

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Everything looks amazing! Congrats for sticking it out!

RaeLynn said...

I LOOOOOOVE it. You guys are amazing! It's so intimidating to me (the whole fixing it up) aspect of being homeowners...but I would love being able to choose everything all over again. The kitchen and bathroom like GREAT!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Hmmm...I love the clean lines and simplicity of it all. Didn't know you guys were such "modernists" but your kitchen looks great.
Cute blog!
Sari

NielsonJan said...

WOW!!!! I love the kitchen. It is amazing!! So is the bathroom. Having seen it before and knowing how much work it was makes me really appreciate all you have done!! I can only image how much you have had to learn about constrution to do this project. You are both amazing!! Love you, Aunt Jan