Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mostly Done Kitchen

New Wilsonart HD Bella Noche Countertop installed! I chose the dark color to tie in the floor, black appliances and silver hardware, and I think it works. You can see some of the details of the kitchen that still need to be finished, like the back of the bar and some doors, but it is fully functional, and I can COOK again! Hurray!


My very favorite IKEA thing is having mostly DRAWERS as our base cabinets. This is not a very traditional idea- go to any Home Depot Kitchen and notice all the regular doors, not drawers- but the drawers are awesome! We don't have a pantry in our kitchen, and so we needed lots of usable space to hold food, and its the details about IKEA design that I love.
The drawers are VERY deep, and hold every ounce of food we have, and because they are drawers, you can see it all, and don't have to rearrange everything to get the one item you need out. I can't quite tell you how convenient this makes it to cook!

The drawers are also deep enough to hold all my appliances, which once were stuffed in one tiny cabinet, where, if I wanted to use the crock pot, for instance, I would have to unload everything to get to it. Now I just lift the appliance out of the drawer, and Bam! Breadmaking in the Bosch in an instant! (Yes, I am a little obsessed, but I seriously love it!) This also makes unloading the dishwasher happen at lightning speed!

2 comments:

Jessica B said...

Meg! Your kitchen looks fabulous! It looks like you took a showroom kitchen and plopped it right in your house. Love it, love it, love it! When do you want us over for dinner? Kidding. No, but really, when?

joslyn said...

love the new kitchen. nice and fresh clean lines are great. yea for no more brown.