Monday, September 17, 2007

Motherly Musings on Monday

In trying to figure out how to balance all of the necesseties of life, here is what I've been thinking lately:

* My little boy is adorable
*A schedule/routine is important to get anything done
*If the kitchen is messy, the whole house is messy
*If the kitchen is clean, the whole house might be clean
*If the whole house is clean, mommy is smiling
*Mopping is an important part of the week
*Showering is an important part of the day
*Dirty diapers accumulate fast unless you throw them outside right away
*Spiders are bad
*Construction can kind of drive you crazy (but that's okay, of course)
*Losing weight is tricky
*Chocolate is not tricky
*A good book can make you have a little vacation
*Too many good books makes for messy kitchen, house, etc.
*Blog posts without pictures are kind of boring
*My little boy is singing to me right now, in a tired, please-give-me-a-bottle-and-a-nap kind of way

If anyone has any great ideas on how to get it all done, everyday, please let me know. In the meantime, I'll keep counting my blessings.

4 comments:

Jessica B said...

i think if anyone could figure that one out, they'd make A LOT of money. welcome to motherhood, it's a great club!

Becca said...

Hmmm, don't know if I can help you out with that one. If you ever figure it out, please, share the secret. But I do have to agree with the book thing - reading becomes a mini vacation...and a lot of times, a much needed one. If you're looking for a goody (if you haven't found it already), check out Twilight (and the whole series) by Stephenie Meyer. Definitely worth the messy kitchen - well, till you finish the book and reality kicks back in and you realize how much you haven't done in the past few days. :)

Rach said...

Oooh . . Twilight is a great one. Definitely worth the messy kitchen. Just be warned, once you finish the first book, you will want the next one, and the next one!
As for the messy kitchen, I've decided that it is not always going to be clean. Sometimes it has to be messy, (and not just the kitchen, but everything) or I will go crazy trying to get everything done!

GinaJ said...

I don't think we are meant to get it all done everyday. And kudos on your mopping! (I don't remember the last time that happened at our house...)
:) Gina